The Studio includes the following equipment:
• Three Electric kilns that fire to Cone 5-6
• Outdoor Raku kiln
• Three large hand-building tables
• Ten electric pottery wheels
• Slab roller
• Various press and slump molds
• Wedging table with multiple wedging surfaces
• 15 Cone-6 dipping glazes, all made in house
• A variety of underglazes and colored slips
Open Studio Use
“Open Studio” is time for enrolled adult students and monthly members.
Enrolled Adult Students are encouraged to drop-in to the studio and practice outside of class for up to 3 hours each week (included with adult classes). Hours roll over week-to-week but NOT session-to-session. Studio time is supervised but instruction is not provided. Studio time is not designed for children under 14 years old.
2017 Summer Session Open Studio Hours
Monday: 6pm-9pm (Quiet night – if you must talk please keep voices to a whisper)
****Open Studio will be closed for Labor Day on Monday September 4th****
Note: Hours may change – any changes will be posted in the studio.
4-Week Studio Memberships are available to enrolled students and those who have completed at least 1 full class series at Mill Valley Potter’s Studio. Members can work at their convenience during open studio time.
Fee: $190/4 weeks (Clay and firing fees sold separately).
First time registrants must complete 1 full class series at Mill Valley Potter’s Studio and obtain instructor’s approval prior to enrolling.
Due to space constraints, there is a 2-bag clay limit per month and a limited number of memberships. Members must have their own tools. Starter took kits are available for purchase in the Studio for $20.
Mill Valley Potter’s Studio does not provide a firing service. Our studio will only fire work made at our studio with clay purchased from our studio.
Wheelhouse is our sister facility located in Tam Valley. It offers private, 24hr access, studio space, for advanced potters focused on selling their work..
Currently Wheelhouse is a collective of 15 ceramic artists doing their own thing. In addition to their own stations, members have access to 3+ kilns (electric and raku outside), 2 communal hand-building tables, a slab roller, and a lovely garden. Members load and fire their own work and provide their own pottery wheels or sculpting carts.
Please contact us to request an application and schedule a tour.
Prerequisite: Members of Wheelhouse must complete a minimum of 3 class series at Mill Valley Potter’s Studio or equivalent.
• Seniors receive 5% off
• High school and full-time college students receive 5% off adult classes
• Refer a friend and receive 10% off
• Sign up for two classes and receive 15% off the second class
• Sign up for any workshop over $100 and get 10% off your second workshop
Discounts cannot be combined with the exception of the 2nd class discount. If you are eligible for a discount and want to sign-up online, please email us for a promotional code.
Return / Cancellation Policy
• We reserve the right to cancel classes or workshops if the minimum enrollment is not reached.
• Full tuition will be returned if class or workshop is not conducted.
• Full refund will be given only when the registrant withdraws at least two weeks prior to the start of a class, workshop or event.
• Refund minus a $25 processing fee will be given when the registrant withdraws between 1 and 2 weeks prior to the start of class. This does not apply to events & workshops.
• 50% credit only will be given when the registrant withdraws less than 1 week prior to the start of class.
• No refunds will be given after the start of class.
• No refunds or credit will be given for “Workshop No Shows” or last minute cancellations (within 24hrs of start). No exceptions will be made.
• Event deposits will be retained when the registrant withdraws less than 2 weeks prior to the event.
• If you purchased your class on CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase. If you are entitled to a refund, or have any questions, please visit the CourseHorse site and contact their customer service team.
Special circumstances will be considered, but please let us know as soon as possible if you must cancel or postpone your enrollment.